Rodeo Joe has been playing RockNRoll all over Europe and North Americas since the mid 80's. The band was initially conceived in the western suburbs of Paris when the four band members bought an old Citroen truck "the Tube" (see Tshirt logo) and toured France, finding gigs day by day (bars, festivals, village event...) with a repertoire of Blues and Southern Rock covers.
Smiles up to the ears, Rodeo Joe offers a live-show cooked with a good dose of rockNroll-Boogie-Blues and a splash of world-music secret ingredients. The lyrics evoke the current society with its joys and sorrows: lost girls, memorable travels.. With the joy of living on stage, the love for the public, whether spanish, quebecois or ukrainian, Rodeo Joe is always ready for new adventures.
RODEO JOE over the years
● 1987-88 - first concert in Saint Germain en laye, first tour (France) and first album "Toulouse via Brive blues"
● 1991 - first tour in Canada - 22 shows including "Les Foufounes Electriques" in Montreal and the Franco-Ontarian Festival in Toronto, another great rock'n'roll adventure...
● 1992-95 - music compilation Yvelive, and 350 concerts in France, in Spain, in Belgium, along Alvin Lee, Bernard & Luther Allison, Doctor Feelgood, Lucky Peterson, Roy Rodger...
● 1996 - Rodeo Joe plays at the Louvre Museum in Paris for the Telethon event, signs with the label Son Art Scene and release the single “Chanson Latex”
● 2006 - now a trio, the band plays the "Noche del Rock" Festival in Colunga (Asturias), after a hiatus and solo adventures over Europe and USA
● 2008-2009 - 2 tours in Spain: "Pais del Sol Tour" and "Somos Vecinos Tour" followed by the release of 7 new songs, including "Hola Espana" and "I'm 18"
● 2011 - USA. Marius, the new drummer sings & also plays Flamenco guitar
● 2012 - "Viva la Siesta tour": tours in Spain, Portugal, France (festival of Aviles)
● 2014 - "Jailhouse Rock Tour Part 1" (France-Spain)
● 2015 - “Jailhouse Rock Tour Part 2” (Belgium, Holland, Portugal)
In 2018 they film in Paris the clip "C’mon everybody" at the Musée Grévin, at the Eiffel Tower and Montmartre for the promotion of the next tour.
The "2019 Rock’n’roll Tour" has passed at high speed. What happiness! At the French Party in New York City the group performed in front of 5000 people. Thomas the new bass player joined the tour in Chimay (BE) with flying colors. We quickly forget about summer 2020…
Rodeo Joe is already preparing for the “Roll’n’Rock Tour 2021” which will pass through Scandinavia for the first time. See you soon at your place.